Currently, I'm parked at the public library waiting my turn for free tax preparation. Here's some random thoughts that have been rattling around in my sleep deprived mommy brain:
- Note to self: When planning long errands, IE-doing taxes, out side of the home and away from lil man, I should probably start bringing my breast pump along. That breast milk I've been so anxious about saving? Yeah. It's probably about to get wasted a bit and just end up on my shirt before this errand is through.
- Baby Signing. Hm. I hadn't really thought too much about trying that before. But it seems like a good idea to try now that I've killed some time browsing in the children's section.
- Lullabies- did your parents sing you one/some? My family used to sing "You are My Sunshine" to me. I'm not sure I know all the words to it though. My family probably didn't either, but I never really cared. I tend to sing the baby whatever songs come to mind that I know a decent amount of words to. This has included songs by Mary J. Blige and Florence and the Machine recently.
- We are going to be participating in our first CSA this summer through Soul Fire Farm. I'm super excited about it! I would like to be eating more locally & am happy to be supporting these rad folks in their farm.
- I miss my worms. (As in, compost worms) I've had intentions of making a longer post about the subject, and even took pictures to do so! Maybe I still will. But after successfully making and maintaining my first attempt at urban compost, my SO talked me into giving them away because those duties unofficially fell on him when I was pregnant and there were some (understandable) doubts about my ability to maintain them with a newborn. I had to pick my battles since he was already doing the cat litter box (after I had to show him some data to prove this exposure to cat poop wasn't just some urban myth I was using to torture him).
- Anyway, maybe I'll make another worm bin. Someday. ::Sigh::
There's no good way to tie up a post this random. I have a million other thoughts rattling around in my head. Things about money & debt, doing service work with kids, traveling, things happening in the middle east, and Santa Claus-but my eyes are starting to hurt. Maybe I'll write again soon. Three posts in a week has got to be a record for me! We'll see.