Sunday, May 06, 2007

A lot in progress.

I've been waaaaay lax on the updates lately. That's mostly because I've had way more things in progress than I can keep up on!

In the knitting department....
Finished Jaywalkers!!! For those who are observant (or not completely blind) you might notice that the toes do not match in color. That's because, in true knittydigital fashion, I ran out of yarn. Not just any yarn. Yarn from my beloved, but now closed, local yarn shop. Yarn that is no longer being produced in this color variation. So what you see above was my attempt to substitute similar colors using Rowan 4ply cotton. Not the greatest, I know. But I don't care. I love them anyway.

Things have been quiet on the knitting front since the jaywalkers because I have been sewing like a MAD woman. I have been making various crafts & selling them to raise money to study abroad in Africa this summer. So far, I've tabled twice & these pictures are just a teeny portion of my first sale.
Tote bags,
Check book covers..

& fabric bracelets.


I've also been making small fabric pencil case/makeup type bags too. My sewing has really greatly improved. I learned how to put the zipper foot into my sewing machine & the iron has been used more than...well, ever. I'm making a whole big batch of more stuff for a fundraiser this week too, so hopefully I'll have even more pictures to share.

No comments: