Sunday, December 30, 2007

round up

So the holiday craziness is just about through. It's been a lot of traveling for me & I'm finally home long enough to make a quick post before I head out again.

Surprisingly, I didn't do too much crafting for gifts. Between school and work, there was just no deluding myself into thinking that there was enough time to do much of that. Hopefully I will next year.

I did make this hat for Abdulla's brother Meshari, but it's being modeled by my lovely roommate, Milez.
Name: Swampy Green Reasonably Hip
Pattern: Reasonably Hip, Magknits Dec 2007
Yarn: Lion's Brand Vanna's Choice in Olive

I'm not extremely thrilled with this knit. The pattern was a bit confusing to me, but was useful in giving me a template for the short rows of the visor. I increased the amount of stitches I cast on, because the amount called for in the pattern was way too small. The end result was a bit roomier than I intended but I think still works for the style of the hat. Whatever qualms I have about though are pretty irrelevant, because the recipient loved it.

And Milez looked so damn good in the hat, I decided to make him one too for his birthday. (Modeled here by me with Rosca serving as backup cuteness)
It's another heavily modified version of the Reasonably Hip, better fitting, but the real "flare" is in the back...I put the single cable strip and the rest is reverse stockinette stitching. It's sort of a blending really of the Reasonably Hip and this Owl hat pattern.The embellishments, however, are inspired by this version which I love and came across on ravelry.
I love it. Hopefully, Milez will too.

I've done some more work on my tangled yoke, but nothing that will make for interesting pictures. I have one sleeve done & most of the body. I put it down because of the holiday madness and finals, but hopefully I'll pick it back up next week.

I also started the Sweetheart Socks, from Interweave Knits (Holiday 2007).
I was just SO excited to start using this beautiful yarn I got at Rhinebeck from Ancient Threads Farm
They are coming out beautifully. And I can't wait till they are done.

No comments: