Friday, November 28, 2008

A day of rest

Hello blogging world! Long time, no speak! Err..or type, rather. I write to you the side of a warm fireplace at my mom's house where I'm spending the holiday weekend. I've been incredibly busy organizing our Give Handmade Crafstravaganza! It's been a lot of fun & given me an opportunity to work with a lot of great folks & network with almost 90 incredibly inspiring artists. We also started a new blog, 518handmade!, to continue to nurture the culture of DIY & handmade in Albany.

That being said, I'm freakin' tired people. And I can't wait until the days are actually here, when it's less about organizing logistics & more about getting to meet all these folks in person & peruse their art.

At times like these I find I'm so busy I can hardly remember whether or not I've brushed my teeth. And yet..I somehow seem to knit even more when I'm busy & stressed. I'm currently working on socks, a sweater vest, a hat, and a coat for my niece. And I think I finished the Ms. Darcy cardigan in about a week.
Name: "Bronzed Darcy"
Needles: US9
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL in "Bronze" (purchased at Rhinebeck 2007)
Thoughts: It's a little short for my preferences. And if I did it over, I would've done it in the round. But overall, I still love the sweater & the look of it.

I should have more finished work to show soon. Including stuff I've been working on to sell at our show. I'll be teaming up with Corinne and sharing a table with her & her kick ass art.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Lauren!! Nice cardi. I was going to ask you if you made it.
I have some of that yarn in my stash...hmmm...

Thanks for organizing the event. You guys did a great job on such short notice.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That is an awesome cardigan. I do love DIYs, but I was never really patient enough to knit!
The book you asked about is by Kunie Kanbara, she has a website: http://www.kuuniekai.com
I actually did a post on the book way back in the day before anyone knew of my blog: http://theclothes.blogspot.com/search?q=reset

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Ack! That link should be: http://www.kuniekai.com and it's a he not she... :)