Saturday, July 15, 2006

sew what

My life has been devoid of knitting lately. It's not even the sweltering heat that's kept me from it either. I've just been too busy & stressed. But I'm making a date with my knitting needles this weekend, and that's for sure.

This evening, I did make a little time for some sewing though. Right now it's all just reconstruction work, which I think makes pretty good practice since I'm such a newbie at it. I feel a bit impatient though. I want to be making things from scratch. Simultaneously, I really appreciate being able to utilize garments at hand that would otherwise go unworn.

I made these denim capris from old jeans I had lying around from heavier times. I really like them EXCEPT that the crotch bugs me. It's too long & baggy. Unfortunately, I don't know enough tricks of the trade to fix that just yet. Luckily for me, long tops are in so I can cover the long crotch.
This is (obviously) a skirt from old jeans too. I really love how this turned out.
And last, but not least, I reconstructed this vintage skirt I thrifted. The picture doesn't really do it justice at all. But I lovelovelove this skirt. Luckily, the blunders from the last skirt I made, taught me how to enlarge this one. It's got this spanish style to it, but the pattern on the fabric seems more nordic to me. Makes me feel like a fancy lady. And in fall, I'll throw some tights on under it, and it will be perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love all the alterations you did. also, I LOVE YOUR FANCY SHOES! since when did you get so darn cute? oh wait, you were always cute. ;)