Monday, June 16, 2008

little bits

I have more new little things to post about! As I mentioned in my last post, life has been very busy lately. As school culminated, I had the urge to knit something little, quick and gratifying & I've been dying to use this yarn...
So I knit a hat. At the beginning of the summer. Not the most practical of knits (even if it is cotton yarn), but it quenched my thirst at the time.
Pattern: Button Tab Hat
Yarn: Cotton Patiné in "Color 10." It's really a mustardy yellow color that I've been obsessed with lately.
Button: given to me by Alan who found it amongst a bunch of other fantastic buttons that some fool was getting rid of.

And speaking of other little things...remember those ruby red booties I knit a while back? I distinctly remember as I was completing them thinking to myself, "These are so teeny tiny! Do humans even come this small?" I shrugged it off, reminding myself that knitting stretches anyway. Well...apparently they DO come that small. And even smaller! This weekend I met the littlest Jacobs ever-Ms. Hailey Grace. But hey, maybe those booties will fit by Christmas.

No comments: