Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rochester, NY

Although I've been blogging a lot more lately, I still feel behind because I've been taking a lot of photos and have had a lot of things I'd like to write about.

A few weekends ago, I went to Rochester, NY to visit a friend and she was kind enough to cart me around to see some street art. Most of these photos are from around one building, but this whole block had a lot of stuff going on.

This one reminded me of New Orleans..




These are from one wall & were done by the folks who did the awesome mural up at the Spectrum Theater in Albany.
I really wish there were more murals in Albany in general. They really change the feel of a neighborhood and it would be a good use for all of those abandoned and boarded up buildings in the city. I've asked to do some mural projects with the neighborhood kids while in Honduras and Eddie said we could hook something up, which I am really stoked about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pictures, thanks for sharing, miss you
-milez