Friday, July 25, 2008

A saved post.

(My crafty-self saved these pictures in order to post them later so there was no gift-spoiler). Regardless of the date on the post, however, I am writing this from Costa Rica. There is so much to say about this trip even after a week and a half, but I feel like it´s still just the tip of the ice-berg in terms of experiencing the visual elements of this culture. Unfortunately, I opted not to lug my laptop around so I can´t upload pictures until I return, but I´m hoping to have a lot of artwork to show for this trip after my time in Honduras.

Here´s what I was toying with before I left for Central America...

Shrinky dink jewelry!

Now in my recent obsession with this craft, I´ve encountered many children of the eighties who were not enlightened to the joys of shrinky-dinking. Here is a link, people. EDUCATE YOURSELVES!

This particular one was made for Rachel (of Rachel´s Fist Throwing Circus infamy) for her birthday.

This one I made for myself, because..well, you know, every gurl needs a name plate to bling out.

And this one was made for Kerigirl.. The picture is not so great, but it´s Pippi Longstocking.

These are super easy and fun to make and I´m sure I´ll be making more of them. But for now, my focus is centered on murals in central america and improving my "spanglish".


2 comments:

Heather said...

omg omg omg I LOVE THEM! you are amazing, seriously.

and i'm glad you're having fun - i miss you!!

lye said...

i got a pretty huge leg piece recently of that same pippi drawing. AWESOME.