Saturday, April 01, 2006

New Projects

I got to knit with Heather this evening & I must say it was quite lovely. There's something more enjoyable about knitting with a friend. I was quite happy with the amount of knitting I completed today on my zapatista doll. I'm getting really anxious to get it done because I want to use those needles to get crackin' on my orangina v.2.0.

I don't know what my problem is lately though. I've become a rather restless knitter & four projects in the works seems boring to me.

I know what you're thinking- I need to get out more, right? Well I've thought of that too. And I've also thought about what fabulous knitted pieces I want to be wearing when I go out in this lovely spring weather.

And here's what I've got my eyes on...
.Cleo, which is more of summer wear but might as well get it done in time to be able to wear it.
.The Lelah Top, which to be honest I wouldn't have thought of doing if I had seen how beautiful this version was. Besides, it would be a really good stash buster.
.I am also just a few clicks away from breaking down & buying the jems patterns. I haven't purchased patterns in quite some time, so I think I'm due.

Also, picking up stitches is my least favorite thing to do in knitting; hands down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo, i knit cleo & it was like, the fastest thing i ever knit, really. well, besides the fingerless mittens. oh, btw, this is heather.

anyway, i knit it, but i'm afraid that it's a bit too thick/heavy to wear in the summer. so uh, i haven't sewn it together yet. and i knit it probably exactly a year ago. awesome.

but yeah, it was really simple and quick to knit. it was my first thing i knit in the round & used stitch markers on. and also, my second pattern ever.

also, i really want to knit everything you want to knit.