Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rinse, Wash, Repeat

Alright, now the baby blanket & the zapatista doll are on the back burner for yarn supply related issues. (I really need to learn to plan those things ahead of time) I don't have it in me to re-start orangina yet, so Diamonique has been put on the needles.

Actually, to be acurate, it's been re-added to the needles. I started it sunday, then took it apart sunday night after I realized a mistake made at the beginning. I was too afraid it would mess with the pattern if I forged ahead. I even checked my guage on this one! That's a first. (I think that means I'm becoming one of those fancy knitters.)

In the interest of stash busting, I'm knitting this pattern in Caron "Super Soft". It's a cheap yarn, but really soft. Besides, my wardrobe is severly lacking in the electric blue department.

In other knitting related news, my mother is getting me Denise Interchangeable needles for my birthday! I will definitly miss knitting with bamboos. However, the biggest benefit of this, as I see it anyway, is being able to snap my needles off the cords and just pop it onto another cord while I put projects on hold. Anyway, my birthday needs to happen quicker for this reason & this reason only.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Diamonique looks beautiful! And I hear congratulations are in order on getting into grad school. I was in the same program a couple of years ago (I dropped out about 7 months in). Feel free to email me about it if you want.
knitopotamus(at)gmail(dot)com.

Anonymous said...

ey, yo, heather again.

i love my denises, you know that.

i also totally want to knit that diamonique pattern. where'd you get it? i also have about a skein of that yarn that you're using, in case you run out (which you seem to be doing lately).