Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Babies, babies everywhere

I've sort of been on hiatus. Luckily, I haven't accumulated too many readers just yet, so not that many people have been affected by this knitting drought.



I finally, finally finished Wild Stripes. I am a reluctant sewer so this puppy was completed the morning of the baby shower. I was happy with the finished product & I think the Momma liked it.

The baby Pinwheel blanket is growing, but continues to be the bane of my existance. It's cute, but terribly boring to knit. Also, in hindsight, I wish I would have done it in a varieted yarn or something. But oh well. You live. You learn.

Also, I recently discovered that one of my closest friends from high school is also pregnant. Needless to say, I'll be making her something other than a damn blanket. But this new development leads me to an ultimatum: you people need to stop. Stop having babies! There is only so much baby stuff I am willing or able to knit. So if you are having a baby in the near future, we might have to stop being friends. So consider that before you decide to conceive.

That is all. Carry on.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Yeah, don't knit for those baby-makers. It only encourages them.

Anonymous said...

hey! i read! and i missed reading this blog!

also - why don't you knit up stuffed animals or something? something that's a bit more fun & interesting. you have the book of patterns already.