Friday, September 22, 2006

urban romance

I suspect that if you are reading this blog, you probably know me already. But, in the off chance you don't, I'll tell you something about me...

I have a deep deep love for street art. It's a serious romance. And I pretty much look for it wherever I go. Some of the best pieces are the ones that find you though.

This is a random little something I found in Italy & liked a whole lot for no particular reason. I think it might have been in Florence. It sounds strange but things like this renew me, especially when I start to feel weighted down by a city.
I saw a ton of other amazing graffitti when I was in Italy this summer. I didn't really get pictures of it though because I usually found the best stuff when I was on a moving train or speeding boat.

When I was in New Paltz this past weekend, I was standing around waiting & looked up to see a post-it note on the remains of a phone booth. It said something to the effect of.."It's perfectly okay to be lonely." It was definitly one of those things that finds you.

No comments: