Wednesday, October 11, 2006

notions

These photos are rather blurry, but you get the general ideas. I'm starting to think it's a combination of a sucky digital camera & poor natural lighting in my apartment.
I finished the Ruby pattern pretty quickly. Then I tried it on and realized even quicker that I'm going to have to frog & redo the front. Even though this is a layered piece, it emphasizes my boobs waaaaayyy too much. I didn't think it would so much. It's just not my style.
I finally finally FINALLY finished the Pinwheel Baby Blanket. It feels like I've been working on it for a life time. It was a boring knit. In hindsight I would have used a yarn with variated color to make it more interesting. I didn't realize until I uploaded this photo that it has a stripe around it from when I used a skein from another dye lot. And all and all I'm just not all that crazy about it. I liked the idea of a round baby blanket, but now I just kinda feel like the baby is gonna be wrapped up like a burrito in it. But you know what? What's done is done. (Um, excuse the crankiness, people. It's midterm season.)
This little fella makes me feel more at ease with sending a baby blanket I'm not crazy about. Cuz the zebra is the other part of the gift and I just LOVE him. In fact, I'm having a bit of a tough time with the idea of parting with him.
Quick knit, stash buster, and a cute smile to boot! Made from Fiona McTague's Knitted Toys.
I think I need to make more toys in my crafting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the zebra. What did you stuff him with? And do you own the book? I do, and I haven't knit anything from it yet! And the blanket is lovely, as is the sweater - I see what you mean about the boobage...I'd definitely fix it a bit. But still, looks good!

alan!face said...

you do know that your mannequine's breasts are exposed right? thats just naughty