Saturday, January 10, 2009

2008


2008, originally uploaded by mslj88.

So, 2008. It came. It went. I knit a lot of stuff- mostly socks & hats. I hope 2009 is the year of the cardigans. There are a lot of kick-ass cardigans that I want to make, three of which I have the yarn already for.

1. Amelia, which I have already begun in a lovely varigated green yarn that I aquired two Rhinebeck's ago.

2. Brompton, which I have a gorgeous blue yarn to do.

3. The Garter Yoke Cardigan, which I have been coveting for quite some time. I'm thinking of doing it in this mustard-yellow yarn that I have.

And of course, it would be nice to finish off that tangled yoke cardigan I started, oh..a year ago. And there is about a bazillion other things I would like to knit.

And then there were my "creative ambitions" for 2008..

1. Creating a cohesive art show in March (done!)
2. Experiment with spinning on a wheel
3. Play with color work more in my knitting
4. Do more paintings and drawings again (did a little bit, particularly for the show)
5. Get "finished" sprays of my stencils (done!)
6. Experiment with quilting
7. Make a shirt using a sewing pattern
8. Finish old projects that have been lingering (*I think I am officially changing this goal to feeling comfortable frogging some of my old abandoned, or unused projects, to make something different with the yarn)
9. Print some of my photographs (done!)
10. Incorporate more of my creations into my everyday life and wardrobe (started)
11. Learn more about different yarns

..but, this year I also did things I didn't dream I would have been able to...

1. Graduated with my Master's Degree

2. Traveled to 4 different countries

3. Went back to do work in New Orleans

4.Painted a mural

5. Had a joint art show

6. Fell in love

7. Organized a Craft Fair

8. Sold a bunch of things at said Craft Fair

9. Got my own tags & started an Etsy shop (though I haven't stocked it with anything yet).

10. Taught English & learned Spanish.

All & all, not too shabby. So I don't feel the least bit bad that I didn't do all that was on my list or blog more. 2009? Bring it on..




No comments: