Sunday, September 23, 2007

finished knits

Would you believe I actually have TWO finished knitting projects to show?
These are my finished "Monkey" socks, done in Knitpicks Essential Yarn in "Peacock Multi". I really love the way Cookie writes patterns. For some reason these are a little bit snug getting on, but I'm not exactly sure why. I also think these would have looked nice in a solid, but slightly variegated, yarn in order to show case the pattern better. Maybe I'll do them again, but probably not for a while because there are so many other things I want to knit right now.

I didn't use all of this yarn either. I still have the better part of a skein left. I have no idea what I'll do with it.

I also whipped this up last week...
It's the foliage hat from the new knitty. I used some merino yarn that I bought at Rhinebeck last year. I finished it really quickly, but then decided it was too long & ripped it back a bit. I hadn't accounted for the difference from me using slightly bigger needles.
This was a quick & fun knit & I'm really happy with the end result. Since this is actually a birthday gift for a friend, I'll probably knit another one of these up for myself too.

No comments: