Friday, September 14, 2007

much ado about WIPS

I've already got one monkey sock done & the other well on it's way. It's such an easy & fun pattern.
After a bit of help from Ms. HBK, my backyard leaves scarf is also progressing, but much much slower. The chart is not very intuitive or easy to memorize. And right now, the project doesn't even look like much. I'm hoping it turns out very nice though, as it's supposed to be a birthday gift.

I also juuust cast on for the fiery bolero last night. I'm doing it as something to throw over my shoulders for an October wedding. I've made a considerable amount of shrug-like projects in my short time as a knitter. I've decided recently that's because I'm not much for shawls- they just don't really appeal to me.

Ravelry is facilitating an out of control queue for projects to knit.

Despite having 3 projects on the needles, I've also been wanting to do other art things. There are stencil projects I'd like to clean up, sewing I'd like to do, new mediums I'd like to explore. I've also been aching for a museum visit. I'd like to go back to the Mass MOCA, but I'd also like to just go up the block to the Albany museum with some paper & colored pencils and get lost for a few hours.

Art is a huge comfort for me. I want to do it when I'm feeling lonely- it's like having company in my own head. But I also like doing it as a means for socialization. Speaking of which I made it to, not one, but TWO knitting groups this week, as well as a brief knitting breakfast with Ms. Megs. I also have a craftin' date on Sunday with my roommate. I have to get these things in now before the semester gets too busy.

1 comment:

Heather said...

what wedding? hmmm? ;) i'm glad the scarf is working out. i can't wait to see it finished.