Friday, September 07, 2007

On a roll

I've got the knitting itch again. I mean the kind where the second you finish a project you are eager to have another one in your hands again. I recently finished these:
Pattern: Roza's Socks, from Interweave Knits Spring 2007
Needles: Size 2dpns
Yarn: Rowan 4ply Cotton in "Ripple"

They were really fast & a straight forward knit. I wasn't crazy about them at first, but they've quickly grown on me. I think they are simple & elegant.

I've already started some Monkey Socks with new yarn I ordered from Knit Picks. I loved Cookie's "Hedera" pattern so I'm hoping these will be just as enjoyable.
I also started the "Backyard Leaves" scarf from Scarf Style. I'm already confused by the chart though. I think I'm going to need some feedback from my other crafty friends on this one.
This will be for a friends birthday. It's been quite a while since I've knit for other folks. But the nice part is that I'm also using up yarn from the stash leftover from my bonsai tunic. Sweeeet.

PS- I also have the library itch lately. I love the library. I'm all about taking out knitting books & books on CD (to knit to!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

for the chart - are you having trouble keeping track of what row you're on? i use a sticky note and move it up with every row i complete. those suckers stay sticky for a looooong time, and work great. they're also great for jotting down notes on the pattern - like what repeat you're on, how many balls you've used already, etc. :)

i really want to knit that scarf! i love it. i just need to try to finish all my other damn projects first. i have so many things i'm working on, i just need to clean out my knitting bin before i start something new.

the socks look great! and Greeley really loved knitting Monkey. i think it's her favorite sock pattern.