Friday, February 23, 2007

be still my heart.

Sorry to be cliche, but a knitted sock in progress always looks best next to a purring kitty. And since I don't have one at home, I had to take this opportunity.

You can see how impressed Snagglepuss is with my Hedera.

I also finally got around to getting a snapshot of this beauty...
I acquired it a few months ago & I'm still in the process of cleaning it. (Just taking it out of my trunk took me a good two weeks) My brother found it for me in a garage full of things to be disposed of at my grandparents house which was up for sale. It was my grandmothers.

I have no memories of my grandmother as a crafter but my aunts show me pictures of them in dresses she had sewn. I have no idea how the mechanics of it work but I'm not even sure I'll ever actually use it. I just think it's magnificent to look at & it holds some magical quality for me. I imagine it holds some of my grandmother's secrets.

No comments: