Monday, February 26, 2007

sew what

I ran into my former sewing instructor this weekend, and when she asked me the inevitable "have you been sewing anything?" question, I hung my head in shame and mumbled something about my whole ridiculous pile of intended projects. It inspired me to get my butt in gear & do some of the small projects that have been on my "to do" list.

This long tubular thingy is a plastic grocery bag dispenser ala Dioramarama....
It's so simple, but genius. I made it with this vintage fabric that I scored in New Paltz. In hindsight, maybe that wasn't the best idea since I intend on making a skirt out of it too. And it's maybe a little weird to have a skirt that matches your grocery bag dispenser, but whatevs.

I also made this draft-keeper-outer (which I'm sure has a much more official name) for my friend Doc. It was just the perfect project to use the sock monkey faces on.

I also finished knitting one of my socks, which I will not bore you with. It's a bit anti-climactic to show one finished sock when you still have a whole other one to make.

No comments: