Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowy day is a crafty day

It's a snowy day here in Albany & I am loving it up! No school plus I find myself being snowed in with some of my favorite people- being Abdulla, Doc & Milez. Of course, hilarity and crafting ensued. And I have another finished project to share!

This is my version of the "Dogwood Donna" pattern from Knitscene Spring 2007. I love love love it! I think it's got a vintagey(?) feel to it. As I think I already mentioned, I only wish I had made it a bit longer, but oh well.
(Excuse the blurry picture by the way. The bathroom was the best lighting I could get.) This was a pretty quick knit. I'm not sure exactly how long it took me because I just worked on it here & there in classes, but no more than two weeks at that pace.
The back is without a doubt my favorite part of this sweater. The finishing required a little bit of crocheting and it has been a long time since I've picked up my hooks.

I'm also going to gush about the color for a minute here, which is pretty damn accurate in these photos. I LOVE this yarn. I scored it at the Rhinebeck sheep & wool festival with intentions for a different project. I still have a bunch of it left to make something else too.

And last, but certainly not least is this piece of amazingness...
My friend Milez made it for Abdulla & I for Valentine's Day. It's pretty much the best gift ever (aside from the gift of being snowed in with both Milez & Dulla). Just about anyone who knows me knows how much I love trees & images of trees. And Milez is one of my favorite artists.

I'm a lucky gal.

No comments: