Saturday, February 17, 2007

the hits just keep on coming

When I said I was using my snow days to do knitting, I was NOT messin' around. I finished another stashbuster by way of knitting "Matador" from Knitscene, Fall 2006 issue.
This should have been a reallllly quick knit, except I took it apart one and a half times before deciding I wasn't just crazy & the pattern was missing something. So if you are thinking of knitting it, may I strongly suggest you check the corrections?

I used a vintage button for the closure that I got from Year of the Goat. I wish my digital camera didn't suck so bad so I could show you all how beautiful this button is.
Right after the seams were sewn in, I cast on a pair of Hedera socks from Knitty that I am lovin'. I'm using up some of the left over yarn from my Orangina. They've grown a great deal since this blurry attempt at a photo.

At present, I've already turned the heel on the first sock. I really did not ever expect to become a sock knitter, but after making my first pair I discovered that I loved wearing them soo much, it was starting to get unhealthy to wear them as much as I wanted to. I blame my friend Heather for starting this addiction. And now I find myself mulling over several sock patterns.

I have a lot of other things on my mind & in the works, so I expect to be having more of these regular updates in the near future.

1 comment:

Heather said...

lauren! i love the socks! LOVE THEM! i'll have to knit them now. that pattern is gorgeous. your Matador is amazing, too.

and go ahead, blame me for socks - i love knitting them. if you want to knit up socks that aren't boring, but don't require you to tote around a pattern, try the Jaywalkers from MagKnits. it's a really simple pattern to memorize, and the socks are really fun to knit.

dude, i just knit up the CUTEST mary jane baby booties today. i'll have to take pictures before i give them to the recipient - they are just unbearably cute. UNBEARABLY SO.

ps- i miss you.