Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Foiled & Finished

I've already been foiled on just day 2 of my attempt to blog every day this week. However, it gets to a certain point in my day that I just have to cut myself off from doing work, errands, or being on the computer in general.

However, today I'm going to try to do two posts. One now, one after my evening meeting. Maybe that's cheating, but who's to judge?

Here are my completed "Farmhouse Nutkin" Socks!
I actually finished them about a week ago, but haven't been home during day light hours to photograph them. But I love them! The pattern is simple enough that the pooling stripping of colors still looks good & doesn't take away from the design.
Here's the Specs:
Pattern: Nutkin
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock (Medium weight) in colorway "farmhouse"
New Techniques: This was my first time doing short row heels, which I liked. However, on the purl side, my increases create too much of a hole (which you can kind of see on the next photo). I think I just have to practice making it tighter.
I scored a bunch more sock yarn at Rhinebeck last weekend, but that's for another post.

No comments: